It’s been more than a year since the Xbox One and PS4 were released. If you want to get a new video game system, these two are the frontrunners of the current generation, with several years of games ahead of them and loads of new hardware and features. Prices have tumbled and it’s the best time to choose between the PS4 or Xbox One. Much has changed with both consoles since last year with numerous software updates, new features and other unique selling points being added.
Before we give you the reasons for choosing PS4 please see our comparison of basic features of both devices.
Reasons to choose PS4
Here are some of the important and brief reasons why you should choose PlayStation 4 and not Xbox One. We will also provide the reasons for choosing Xbox One in next coming days.
- The PS4 has a 50% more powerful GPU – graphics processing unit.
- PS4’s Remote Play is pretty neat
- Smaller in size if you have less storage space on your TV table
- Like Xbox PS4 gets 3D Blu-ray support too
- PS4 Share Play is going to be a huge new feature. Now you can invite your friend to play with you online, even if they don’t actually own the PS4.
- PS4 incorporates its own power supply unlike Xbox which has a separate power brick.
- Less expensive then Xbox One
- Project Morpheus will utilize the PS4 Camera for virtual reality which will be a feature in next play stations.
- More reliable hardware and great online support.
- PlayStation Plus still has the edge over Microsoft when it comes to freebies and exclusives like giving PS4 owners access to new titles for free each month.
An important comment from a Full time Passionate Gamer.
I recently got my Xbox working again and I thought to myself, “It’s time I get some exclusives that PS3 doesn’t have.” I found 3….when I got my PS4 a year ago there were so many exclusives that I still haven’t finished them.
Moral of the story, Sony knows what to give gamers and keep them happy. Exclusives, new controller, superilicious specs and a beautiful future together :’)
In a nutshell, if you are a gamer and you do not care about Xbox One extra features then go for PS4.