It’s a famous saying that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach but what if the food that you have so heartily cooked ends up having too much salt? Will you freak out? will all your dreams of perfect meal get shattered? will you throw the food away?
We suggest you follow one of these tricks to get rid of the extra salt from your food
- The easiest solution is to build around the recipe, double all the ingredients except for the salt, but this method is not very advisable
- Add a ball of kneaded dough (aata) to the curry which will absorb the excess salt. Don’t forget to take the ball out afterwards
- Add some acidic element like lemon, vinegar, tomato paste etc to the curry. Doing so will not remove the extra salt but it will give a good taste to your dish and will balance out the extra saltiness.
- Add water to the dish or you may also prepare some salt free broth,remove some of the broth from the original dish and add this salt free broth.In any case, diluting the dish will definitely lessen the salty taste.
- Peel a potato and add it to your broth, it will absorb the extra salt, you can remove it from the dish afterwards