Eid is a day filled with delight and happiness. It is a day celebrated after the prestigious month of Ramadan. Muslims celebrate Eid with family and friends, by wearing new Eid dresses, offering Eid prayer, preparing sweet dishes such as “sheer”, giving gifts to each other and decorating their homes. This Eid is also known as “Choti Eid” or “Meethi Eid”.
Here are some interesting facts about Eid-Ul-Fitr:
- The funniest part of the Eid is that, after fasting for 30 days, we feel like breaking the fast if we eat something on Eid.
- This Eid is especially for girls because they do a lot of shopping for bangles, jewellery and cosmetics. In markets, you will find a big crowd of girls on stalls of Bangles.
- Shopping brings an adorable smile on the faces of girls. Eid bazaars are so full that you can’t even stand in a crowd. Well, it’s simply the charm of Eid. Shopkeepers also take advantage from Eid and sells goods almost at double price. The bargaining session of girls for prices is also very common and interesting.
- Another beautiful part of Eid’s heritage is application of Mehndi on the hands of girls. They express their joy and happiness by applying henna on their hands.
- Besides all this, food is of great significance on Eid. Ladies cook different delicious and mouth watering dishes and desserts on Eid such as Biryani, Qorma , Sheer etc.
- The most integral part of Eid is prayers offered by ladies and gents on Eid. Gents wear shalwar kameez as to show their love for cultural heritage.
- Another interesting element of Eid is distribution of Eidi among kids. I think this is the best part of “Choti Eid”, as our bags get filled with lots of money and candies.
In a nutshell, Eid is simply a day filled with lots of happiness and cheerfulness. People wait for this day and enjoy a lot on Eid with friends and families. But, at the same time we should not forget about the poor people. We should also give some gifts and money to them to share our harmony and love for Eid with them.
I wish all the Muslims of World to have happy, safe and blessed Eid