In a dark moment I ask, “How can anyone bring a child into this world?” And the answer rings clear, “Because there is no other world, and because the child has no other way into it.”
Children are amazing creature of God. Without them, the world would be so monotonous and dull. They stir so much fun and pleasure into our lives! They are real and lively. No doubt, it is said that childhood is the golden period in everyone’ life.
There are many inspiring lessons that every child can teach us. Here are a few of them:
1. Great Love. Have you ever looked at a child and subconsciously felt great love for him? This is not just a coincidence but a universal law of give and take. Mother Teresa said,“The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.” Children are amazing creatures of love and affection. They do everything with great love. They outpour such immense feelings of adoration from their soul that everyone responds to them with great affection.
2. Happiness. “No one has yet fully realized the wealth of sympathy, kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child. The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure”. Children teach us one great lesson: happiness. They are always happy and content. They rarely talk about bad things about their life. They are always blooming with pleasure and glee! They are a happiness magnet and attract more good feelings towards them.
3. Ability to connect easily. Children have an uncanny ability to make up a great emotional bond with anyone they come across. Amazing, isn’t it? They teach us to link up with people without making prior assumptions about them. They teach us the importance of making good relationships and bonds.
4. Forgiveness. “The soul is healed by being with children”.Children rarely keep bad feelings for others for more than a day. Remember when you were a child and had a row with your siblings over toys, you used to forget everything quickly. At that time, you were so quick to forgive and forget. What happened afterwards? Children have a pure heart and they don’t poison it with revenge, hatred, animosity etc.
5. Strong faith and belief. Children have a ardent faith in everything. Even while praying, they close their eyes and innocently pray to God as if they are talking with Him in person! They don’t get disappointed easily and have a powerful asset in their souls: Belief. As Wess Stafford, President, Compassion International rightly said, “Every child you encounter is a divine appointment.”
6. Pure smile. Many people smile but all they really smile? Most of the people just smile for the formality of being friendly. But the kids really teach us how to smile! They smile with all their heart and from their deepest love! They have a million dollar smile radiating pure love which casts happiness all around!
7. Unafraid of people’s opinions. Most of us are always worried about what other people will say. While doing anything we are cautious about the random opinion of others. But children innocent as they are never bother about people. They do what they want to do!
8. Playfulness. Kids are a great bundle of play and liveliness. They possess a wild spirit that is always on the look out for adventure. They teach us how to drop the normal day boredom from our lives and regenerate it with some spark!
9. Creativity. “The potential possibilities of any child are the most intriguing and stimulating in all creation.” Children are a great package of ingenuity from nature. They have original personalities and are great innovators! They employ their wild imagination to create a brilliant world of their own. They teach us to be creative in everything we do!
10. Honesty. Children possess a great gift of nature: Honesty. They are honest and authentic. They don’t know how to manipulate, tell lie or play clever tricks. They are free from such evil methods. They really mean what they say! They teach us to be honest and truthful!
11. Fearlessness. As a kid each one of u is born only with two fears i.e. the fear of noise and the fear of falling. The rest of the fears are transferred to us by the conditioned society. As a child, we are free of fears and anxiety. Our true essence is always trying new things.
12. Always thinking about possibilities. They rarely talk about problems or difficulties. Such lovely creature! Aren’t they? Their minds have no limitations and they are always talking endlessly about possibilities. They teach us to begin everything with THE END IN MIND!
13. Always Questioning. “A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer.” Children are so full of curiosity. They are always questioning and they don’t care how stupid their questions are! “Why the sky is blue?” “Why the water runs?” They are always on the learning mode and they don’t feel afraid to pose silly questions about every new thing they see. They teach us to question and challenge everything we see!
14. Close with nature. There is no one more intimate with nature than the kids! They are so much appreciative of the small yet beautiful things of nature. They wonder at the blue skies and run after the colorful butterflies. They love dancing in the rain and running bare feet on the grass! Sadly, most of us have forgotten to enjoy the beauty of nature in the highly developing technological world!
15. Be in the present moment. Have you ever seen a child talking about the past days or worrying about the future? They are always in the brilliance of life. They live the present moment fully. Each and every moment is precious and the children teach us to appreciate the present moment! LIVE NOW!
“Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man.”
Children are a great inspiration for each one of us. They teach us the true essence of LIFE! They inspire us to live life the way it is supposed to be lived!
So next time you look at any child, never underestimate his ability to amaze you. He surely has a lot of amazing new thoughts in store for you! And will teach you many more inspiring lessons by taking you into his unique world!